Its like, the biggest achievement ever because for quite a while, my mum has been saying (and I quote) that my room looks like a "rubbish dump".
Um, harsh.
So I started with vacuumming the room, after which, looking at the super clean floor, I felt all the more inspired to continue sorting out the room!
And viola! CLEAN ROOM!
(Though I shouldn't really be contended and pleased with myself because it was probably my subconscious mind procrastinating and delaying the time when I have to finally sit down and start revising for the exams which are in 2 freaking weeks!)
Remember the bird which all but attacked me last week?
My dad told me this morning that apparently, this period of time, September to November (Spring) is the breeding season for magpies and during this period, they are exceptionally agressive.
Which made me rather wary of meeting that bird again today.
But of course, something you dread ALWAYS happens.
Its just some twisted logic of life.
I was really worried as I walked down to the scene of attack/crime from last week, and suddenly I seemed to be seeing birds everywhere.
Black and white birds. (Magpies are black and white in colour)
And my heart stopped everytime I caught sight of one flying around.
And the moment I reached the exact same area, I almost jumped out of my skin and died of a bloody heart attack when I heard that all too familiar sound.
As expected, it swooped down on me but I WAS CLEVER AND HAD THOUGHT IN ADVANCE TO WEAR A CAP FOR PROTECTION! (You know, in case it decides that my head was very edible/dangerous and starts pecking my hair off.)
I really wonder how all those people live in those houses.
Really, I feel deeply sorry for them.
So for some morbid reason, I decided to check it out on Wikipedia, and see what its bloody problem was.
Looking at the picture, I'm not really sure if it's really the same bird that I met, because it looks nice and pretty in the Wikipedia article.
Anyway, I'm assuming it is a magpie, and so I read on, and found this:
In country areas the bird, owing to persecution, is often shy, but in
suburban areas it is common. Indeed, where it is not molested it courts rather
than avoids the vicinity of humans. Also, it is known to team up in bands of two
or more to "tease" cats, i.e. launch feigned attacks on the animals, perhaps as
a general reaction against the cat as predator and egg thief.
The mating takes place in spring. In the courtship display, the males
rapidly raise and depress their head feathers, uplift, open and close their
tails like fans, and call in soft tones quite distinct from their usual chatter.
In the display the loose feathers of the flanks are brought over and the
primaries, and the patch on the shoulders is spread so as to make the white
conspicuous, presumably to attract the female eye. Short buoyant flights and
chases are part of the courtship.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I think I almost died of laughter.
Well, until the point I realised I'm going to have to endure this until NOVEMBER.
I think I'll forever live in fear of birds. ):
*runs off and hides under a table*
No comments:
Post a Comment