Friday, February 6

Thoughts of the week

I have decided that I am never going to put warnings for the content of my blog posts.
Whether it's going to be filled with 200 photos, or whether it's going to be a blow-by-blow account of a day I had which you probably won't be able to understand unless you were there, or whether I'm just going on a roll and ranting about the horrors of school life.

This is my blog, and I shall talk about anything I want, and you are welcome to read it.


Thank you.




(Yeah this is a particularly whiny and disjointed long post)


-




Tienyi announced today that she is contemplating stopping blogging altogether/deleting her blog because it really is becoming too much of a chore.
I am quite inclined to agree, since it has only been 2 days into official Year12 lessons and I think I'm already crumbling under the pressure.

I'll probably be like a mashed potato even before the term ends.
Mashed potato = totally squashed.
Um, yeah.




Everyone always said the leap form Year10 to Year11 is the hardest - Once you get into the VCE system, you'll be pretty much alright.
I have certainly not experienced Year10 here in Australia, so I'm not really one to judge.
But really, isn't the leap from Year11 to Year12 just terrifying?


I'm not really sure what to blame.
Is it the 3 months holiday which just made me totally switch off? Is it that I'm not really adjusted to the fact that I am a bloody Year12 and it's about time I start studying 5 hours a day? Or is it because I'm just not ready?

Two full days of lessons, and I still can't program myself to think that school has started.
I feel like I'm just drifting around the halls, the classrooms, the school.
Two days of lessons, and I'm already falling behind.
Yes, two days, and it's like this year is never going to end.


What does it feel like to be a Year12 anyway?
Frankly, I don't feel particularly different.
When we were small and young little students, the seniors always seemed big and authoritative, fully in control of what they were doing.
It certainly did not seem like what I'm feeling now.



This vicious cycle of lethargy is merciless, and I can't seem to bring myself to a perfectly normal pattern of life again.
You could have told me school has begun for a month and I wouldn't have questioned it.
It felt so long since that time where we were lining up for our locker allocations.



It's the worst feeling in the world to know that you have to study, to do homework, to revise, but not having the energy nor motivation to do so.


Acknowledging the problem is the first step no?

-



The school is dumb.
Isn't it totally pointless that they impose all these stupid rules last year saying that you can only take 6 subjects if you get all As?
Especially now they throw it all out the window and say that they have a 5 subject policy, and force students with 6subjects to drop one.

Yeah it's obvious that they want to ensure they don't lose their ranking due to the bad results they think we will get if we take and can't cope with 6 subjects. (Although now I really am starting to feel thankful that they refused to give me a 6th subject. I think I'll become a splatter of potato juice if they did. - Please refer to analogy above about mashed potato)

I believe they can do it, so why can't the teachers believe it too?

-



After all the gloom and misery yesterday, things were pretty much put into perspective today.
I mean, seriously, what are the odds?
Maybe I should just sit it out and enjoy.

I'm sick of avoiding, pretending.



We watched Amazing Race during English today.
I was actually gloating really happily about it to Tienyi (who was writing random history notes while I was watching reality tv shows) until I found out that every single English class is watching Amazing Race.
So much for exclusivity.

-



I just can't seem to muster the energy nor excitement for the Swimming Sports next week, and the guilt is starting to eat me up from inside.
I'm sorry, I'm sorry.


I really suck.

No comments: