I initially planned to sleep at a nice and early time of about 10.15, but the time ended up being dragged to 10.49.
I just made it to bed before the clock struck 11.
Hurray.
So much for a peaceful+restful+fulfilling night of sleep, I somehow dreamt that I was staying in a hotel/camp-like thing and there was a fire of some sort which burnt everything RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING WHERE I WAS STAYING.
I actually remember feeling quite horrified to see the totally burnt expanse of land literally right in front of my eyes.
I can only imagine how seeing the aftermath of the bushfire can be.
Your whole house, everything you've ever owned gone poof into the air just like that.
The fires in Wilson Promontory are still burning. D:
-
Deakin Flying Start Day 2
We actually intended to go to Deakin as early as we did yesterday.
We arrived at the bus stop at 7.25, but somehow managed to miss a bus that came 10 minutes later (at 7.34).
It's all the bus driver's fault, really.
He drove off while we were walking towards it to board it. D:
But by some twist of fate, missing that bus also had its perks, as the driver of the bus that we took in the end let us ride for FREE (we didn't have to buy a ticket wheeeeee!)
SEE he is so kind unlike the horrible driver who ignored us and drove away.
Yes and we arrived at Deakin at a perfectly normal time of 8.20. :)
First session was Challenges in the Oval.
I actually think this is the best session of all that I've been to so far, because we were actually doing something, as oppopsed to listening to lecture after lecture, reading powerpoint after powerpoint.
We played three games overall but unfortunately, I have decided that I shall not blog about them because Tienyi is looking to spy on my blog and find out what games she will be playing tomorrow.
HA NICE TRY I SHALL NOT BLOG ABOUT IT LALALA.
In between the games, I was sitting very peacefully on the grass (which was actually horribly dry and flaky and overall quite unpleasant to sit on) ignoring all the guys who were stupidly running around tackling each other for the fun of it.
THEN I was suddenly aware of the fact that one of them was running at top speed towards me and there was definitely no way he can possibly stop in time before he crashed into me.
I sort of freaked out and froze there and guess what he did.
HE JUMPED OVER ME OMG.
Like, he literally leaped over my head.

His friend saw, laughed his head off and told him "That was totally unnecessary"
YES I AGREE.
What kind of idiot runs at top speed towards and jumps over a PERSON sitting on the floor?
Session 2 was Deakin Talk, where the person attempted to promote Deakin university to us.
It wasn't all too bad in a sense, because it wasn't like she tried to push Deakin on us and stuffed our faces with Deakin courses and more courses.
She talked about university in general, and encouraged us to go on to Uni after Year12.
To me it didn't really make much of an impact because 1. I AM going to university, I have never considered not going. 2. My brother is already in Deakin.
Third session was just sad.
We had a Guest Speaker, who was apparently a motivational speaker of some sort.
I'm sorry to say but it wasn't very.. motivating.
There was no conviction in what she was saying. She was just reading!
(Now I know how I must have sounded like yesterday, oh no)
Not only did she go on and on and on talking as if she didn't know a full-stop existed, she was literally reciting a 1hour speech that she'd memorised.
And the slides were so cheesy I almost couldn't stand it.
She told us to set goals, believe in ourselves, turn negatives into positives, live without regrets and to not give up.
Like I don't know???
Probably because it's just my general distaste for motivational talks; I just don't like being told things like YOU CAN DO IT! YES YOU CAN!
I mean, for a person who gets paid for motivating people, I'm sure they can do better than that.
Glenn Manton was so much better.
Fourth (last) session of the day was Note-Taking, which was an attempt at teaching us how to take notes and make summaries.
It wasn't all too bad other than the fact that the teacher was so annoyingly naggy and stopped whenever someone so much as whispered.
-
Went over to Burwood Kmart with Shireen and Tienyi after Deakin, although the only thing we actually did there was eat Nando's.

Shireen very excitedly stacked our glasses of Vanilla coke admist all our protests that it would fall over.
Not only would our dresses get wet, we'll have to pay for the broken glasses too.

Obviously, she succeeded. :D
-
The trip to kmart has let me finally accomplish something I've been tarrying for so long.
Yay me! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment