But I’m glad to say that it wasn’t as rotty as last year, because unlike last year, I am now a Year 12. We all know that such school events are all about Year 12s. Year 12s get to dress up, Year 12s get to jump into pool, basically Year 12s rule the school.
Swimming aside, I think the main attraction of this event is the costumes.
Every school event is like a mini fancy dress party.
I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this before, but I got roped into being a ninja for the day.
I walked out of the house donned in full black attire like a mass murderer about to ambush small little children.
Okay fine. I was like a badly disguised clown trying to be a mass murderer but ANYWAY.
Went over to the Monash Aquatic Centre with Tienyi and Sheryl, and on the way we passed by two blue guys who were walking on the road.
Like, seriously they were painted blue from head to toe.
The first picture I took when I reached happened to be a stalker photo of Bhav and Andrew! :D
This would have been a great eyes-only-for-each-other-in-the-middle-of-a-busy-street photo if not for the askjdaoisdasdas person who came and stood beside Bhav just as clicked the shutter button and DESTROYED MY PHOTO.
Stupid person.
(By the way, this photo is 100% natural okay! It wasn't posed!)
Costumes (that I managed to take a picture of anyway, which isn’t really a lot)
This is Tienyi, who, as you can see, was a ninja fairy.
She couldn't decide whether to be a ninja or a fairy, so the best solution was to fuse both, resulting in a rather
Irene and Rachel went as nerds, which was actually quite authentic with the glasses and socks and everything.
Irene will probably kill me if I post an individual photo of her, so here’s a group picture of Rachel, Tracy, Irene and Minji. (:
Shireen and Richa were dressed as dancers (?) with flowy skirts and they look really cool okay.
This picture is very niceeeeeeeee (thanks to niceeeeeeee photographer ie. me)
There were other people dressed as cheerleaders, fairies, netballers (oddly, they were guys), pink cupids (overly used idea), tennis players, superheroes, jungle people, bees, firemen (women?). And there was this group of guys who wore ladies’ swimsuits (wasn’t very... manly)
Basically, it was any and all costumes one can think of.
I’m actually quite amazed by the level of enthusiasm put in by everyone, considering the elaborateness of all the costumes.
I mean, I wouldn’t really bother to go out of my way to buy a whole new set of clothes and accessories just for one day of walking around like a policeman.
So after all the initial excitement of seeing everyone in costume, we all settled down into the actual rotting festival.
It would have been great to sit on the grass and
It was like having sand in your eyes, except, well, it’s grass.
Then came the most important event of the day: where all the Year12s jump happily into the pool.
It is actually a very important event, because only the Year12s get to jump in and you know, it just asserts the power we have.
Like, ONLY WE ARE ALLOWED TO JUMP IN HAHAHAHAHA kind of power/authority.
Obviously, I wasn’t crazy (or social) enough to join in. For one, I didn’t have extra clothes (nevermind that I knowingly did not bring them), and I have quite an intense fear of throwing myself into the pool with a huge splash.
It was actually quite funny, because Irene and I were one of the only ones standing there that did not jump in (we were taking photos) and we felt so extra staring at all those people laughing and screaming in the pool.
This went on for about 5 minutes before everyone resurfaced and dripped water all over perfectly dry people like us.
-
And with that, Swimming Carnival goes poof into the air together with camps.
Back to school tomorrow, great life ahead.
Orals next week.
Ohmygod.
No comments:
Post a Comment