Sunday, February 8

Global warming?

While I sit here comfortably in my home, it's hard to imagine that there are hundreds (thousands?) of courageous fire fighters out there trying to bring down the 200 000 hectare inferno blazing across north Victoria. (For general interest, 200 000 hectare is more than twice the size of Singapore)

While I sit here worrying about the completion of maths homework, there are people worrying for their lives, their children's, their relatives', their friends'.



Even more surreal is the fact that a place I was at merely months ago is now totally burnt down. D:


I can't imagine what it's like to have your whole house (whole TOWN) burnt down by a bushfire, to flee for your lives. Nor can I imagine how it's like to have barely a few metres of visibility due to the suffocating thick smoke around you.
Like some things, it's just hard to believe unless you're there.



On the other end of the spectrum, floods are continuing to devastate Queensland.
It's funny how two very different disasters can be happening at the same time, in the same country.
If only we can mix the two situations together! The fire will be put out and the water will be gone! D:


Thank god the temperatures are starting to drop.
Low 20s this week! Finally a respite from the heat.

No comments: