Monday, February 9

School

So today was photo-taking day.
Much as I laughed my head off at how they photoshopped all of us into one humongous Year Level photo, I am sad to say that we are probably not even going to get that this year.

The school hired a new company for our school photos, and it's quite sad la, I mean THIS IS MY LAST YEAR IN SCHOOL and I'm not even going to get a photo of my class/level. D:
They said they are going to compile all our individual photos, so in my mind, seriously, all I can imagine is this huge collage of smiling faces.

Which, well, isn't a very nice image.
We'll look like some overly cheesy advertisement.



Anyway, there must have been something wrong with my face, because while everyone else got their photos done and perfected in at most 2 shots, I ended up taking 6-7 shots.
It was quite awkward because there was this WHOLE LINE of people waiting behind me and I was clogging up the line.
Not only did I take 7 shots, the photographer wasn't contented with the final photo anyway.
She tried changing the lighting and everything, but in the end she gave up and said that's the best we can get.

I couldn't see what exactly was wrong with my photo, but now that she has said that, I'm fearing the worst.
Maybe my ID card will turn out to be the worst card ever printed on Earth.
So much for my immense satisfaction with my ID card last year.
I'm going to end up with a horrible horrible one this time.





After the whole weekend of intense maths homeworking, I feel just that little more back into the system, and the feeling of floating around aimlessly in classes has faded minimally.
Really, I would really love school if not for the fact that we are having our orals next week and I think I'm going to die because I have no mental preparation for it at all.
Last year we wrote our speeches happily in class, practiced it and everything weeks before the actual day.

Its curious lack of mention among students and staff really has sucked out all the feeling of anticipation! D:




And I am getting quite worried- I still haven't finished reading Shark Net!!!
This is the first time ever that I'm going for a class and listening to the teacher discuss about a book which I haven't even completed. ):

No comments: