
Well actually, we sort sat at this green patch of grass somewhere outside the Botanic Gardens..... but yeah anyway.
First of all, I have a story to tell. :D
So I was supposed to meet Irene at the station at 11.30 and she messaged me at about 11.45 to walk down the hill to meet her and because the picnic stuff were too heavy for her to carry up the hill by herself.
Being nice as I always am, I went ahead to give her a hand.
Just as I almost halfway down the mountain (please refer below for illustration), Rachel's mum drove past on the opposite side of the road, and saw Irene sitting there alone, so she decided to save Irene the hassle and picked her up.
A clearer picture of how I was already HALFWAY DOWN THE HILL:
(It may look like a short distance, but don't be mislead by my very artistic drawing.)
So she got a ride up to the station in the car while I WAS STILL UNKNOWINGLY MAKING MY WAY TO THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL.
I ended up having to walk all the way back to the station by myself okay.
We are now even for... ditching matters!
Irene can never mention the fact that I ditched her for English anymore. Lalalala.
Anyway, we reached the gardens, and finally managed to find Ken after quite a while of searching, then found a nice and shady area to sit at! :D
After the food, Richa brought Rachel away, so that we could prepare the cake, and the absolute shock we got when we opened the box was... indescribable.
HAHAHAHAHA the cake turned out quite disastrous in the end (Ken put it in his bag and it kinda got squashed and melted into this whole blob of yogurt-like liquid which only kept its shape due to the plastic ring around it.)
Irene's reaction was... rather extreme.
Actually, I'm not too sure whether she was having a laughing fit or whether she was so horrifed that she started banging her head against the floor.
It didn’t look very glamourous, but I just have to show everyone how severe her laughing fit was.
We actually had nice candles which apparently had coloured flames but they were about 100 times more difficult to light than normal candles............

......... (What kind of stupid candle doesn't even have a wick?!?!) so by the time we brought Rachel over to see her beautiful cake, the candles were about 5cm tall.
Poor Rachel had no idea that we had taken "surprise birthday cake" to a whole new level.
I can't really describe what her expression was when she opened her eyes but I guess that she must have been really puzzled as to why the cake had been reduced to a slab of cream. :D
Blowing out candles!
By then the candles were almost gone anyway. HAHAHA.
Actually though, a melted cake has its perks.
Since it wasn't really a solid cake anymore, there wasn't any hassle of cutting the cake into nice little pieces and balancing them precariously on the knife before transfering it onto the plate.
We just had to scoop the blobs of cake/cream/yogurt into plates and ta-da! Cake for everyone! :D
Incidentally, it didn't taste that bad, considering the state it was in (:

Heheheh these are the presents! Hehehehehehe.
Everyone please look at the Giant Jar of Candy that we presented Rachel with and be greeeeeeeeen with envy.
Group picture! (:

Back: Lynn, Richa, Rachel, Siu
Front: Nancy, Irene, Eddy, ken
Happy (belated) Birthday Rachel!
Enjoy the candieeeeees......
No comments:
Post a Comment