As everyone in the WHOLE OF VICTORIA is aware, today is one of the hottest days in a century.
It is like bloody 33degrees IN MY HOUSE can you just imagine the heat outside?
Well, if you can't, I can.
Because........ sane as I always am, and since sane people do sane things, I embraced the heat and went for a leisurely shopping trip in the city today.
Turns out that my dad's friend from Singapore is here for a week on holiday (LOL what bad timing. They come for a week of holiday and that week just happened to be the hottest week in 100 years) and her daughter wanted to shop.
So my mum happily volunteered me to accompany her and bring her to the nicest sights of Melbourne City.
Translation: I was sentenced to a day of burning/roasting/melting/baking/grilling (take your pick)
It was all the more weirder because I have hardly ever talked to the daughter before and there I was, facing the prospect of spending 2 hours alone with her.
Talk about awkward. (For general interest, I am a very nice hostess okay, of course I didn't walk in silence like some idiot beside her for shopping trip.)
So not only did I wake up super early today to send all the newspapers, (all those people better read the newspapers like 1000 times because I worked superrr hard to send them okay. I was about to collapse onto the ground and die of heatstroke while sending their stupid newspapers) I went to the city right in the middle of the day. :D
Actually, though, it wasn't THAT BAD because we were mostly in shops and the shopkeepers were sane enough to keep the cooling system on.
I think the heat is only at it's absolute-heatstroke-worst when you're standing right in the sun and not moving.
That is what I call being burned alive.
I heard there was even a power shortage somewhere because everyone was using their cooling systems and fans and the power supply couldn't take it.
HA in the end, they were left with no light, no computer, no fan - Instead, a free session of sauna.
They should be glad.
Whole day sauna session right in their house, who wouldn't want that? If they open the windows and sit in the sun, they might even get a tan.
If anyone is interested to see the article about the horrific state Victoria is in now, please read this article and feel sad for us.
Speaking of the heat, the management of the Australian Open finally found their previously-lost common sense and decided to CLOSE THE ROOF OF THE TENNIS COURT today.
EJIOASUDFJASFASD
And it happened halfway thought a match where SWilliams was losing okay.
I am very angry la, this is like SUPER UNFAIR OKAY.
I shall shut up now and fume in peace.
I have lost almost all interest in watching the rest of the matches since all the good people are out already and the only player left whom I'm relatively interested in watching is Nadal.
And it's not really exciting to see his matches because he is already so good that he's probably going to win them all anyway (unless all those KLJADSIADASD people open the roof and let him lose)
Urgh.
Speaking of tennis, I saw one of the tennis ballboys at Richmond station today!
So cool to see them in real life after staring at them everyday on tv. (:
OHMYGOD I just read the news.
It's so hot that some trains have stopped working in Melbourne and it is 45.5degrees in Adelaide!
Oh no what if all the plants and trees beside my house catch fire and burn down my house? ):
Maybe I should go and water the plants.....
No comments:
Post a Comment