Thursday, January 29

Happy times

I've had such a sensational day today. :D



A day in heatwave world


1. Probably no one in the whole of Melbourne, if not Victoria, managed to get much sleep last night. Well, maybe except for the very lucky people who have cooling systems in their houses, but I didn't have one. :(



2. The heat even during the night was suffocating.
I just couldn't stand to be staying still at all!
I was already feeling extremely/very/ultra/super sleepy but the HEAT prevented me (and everyone else) from having a nice night of sleep.



3. My dad couldn't take it, and went to sleep outside the house. HAHA.
Although it was still warm outside, at least there was a mild breeze which made it quite bearable.
Not to mention, the view of the night sky dotted with stars was very pretty.



4. Everything, like seriously, EVERY SINGLE SURFACE I touch is like, HOT. The floor, the carpet, the chair, the window, the WALLS, the bed, the clothes, everything.
It gets abit annoying after a while.



5. A bottle of sunblock lotion melted in my dad's car, and became boiling hot sunblock juice.
Not a very good combination.



6. Libraries are the best place in the world to stay in during a heatwave.
I actually spent a nice and cooling day there today, blissfully unaware of the blistering heat outside, only to come home at about 5 to find that my house was in full blown sauna state. There was no lights, no fans, nothing!
Power shortage was destroying my life.



7. I got to see my relatively-hot-and-shirtless neighbour.
After sitting there in my sauna like an idiot for about an hour, I decided to walk over to my neighbour's house to ask if we were the only house to have a shortage for so long. So he came and opened the door shirtless (LOL) and he was friendly x10000 okay!
I happy.
He was very helpful, and even came over in a while and asked if our power was back and if we needed any help.
I love my neighbour. :D



8. Just as I was having fun walking around the house using torchlights, and lighting candles, falling asleep in the absolute darkness, the magical whirr of the computers+refrigerators+washing machine+microwave woke us all up from our dying state of lethargy.
For some reason, turning on the lights made the house sort of warmer.






In the end, the power cut lasted for almost 7 hours. ):
I am actually feeling really icky now, bu I guess after all these is over, I can say that I managed to survive the worst full week of heat in a century!

This is what I call endurance my friends.
WE HAVE WILLPOWER! WE HAVE ENDURANCE! WE ARE STRONG! :DDDD

No comments: