Today is actually Tienyi's birthday so......
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIENYI! <3
I would actually dedicate a nice and long birthday post to you, seeing that you are eagerly awaiting my photo-less post (thanks to the no-photo policy that we somehow agreed on, although we are photo/blog obsessed people who can't resist blogging about such a bloggable event) but I wouldn't want to mar it with such gloom that I am feeling today. D:
So I shall take a raincheck! After all, belatedness gives an element of specialness. And being the Masters of Procrastination, what better time than now is there to showcase our skills? :D So, for now, here's just a bigggg HAPPY 17th for you, and let's just hope that your birthday post appears before you finish the chocolate bars and/or the bubble bottles!
I do hope you enjoyed spending your first day as a 17 year old together with us (watching a movie with quite dreadful subtitles :)
.
.
.
.
.
.
It actually feels like there are so many things I want to say, but they are stuck somewhere in me, and I have no idea where to start from.
Let's just say, today marks exactly a year.
Funny how time can seem to pass so fast, but unbelievable-ly slow at the same time. Is half the wait already over, or has it only been a year? Somehow, I actually dreaded today. Really I did. To actually put the label "A Year" to all these time that has passed makes it seem so... final. Distant. Isn't 12 months, 52 weeks, 525600minutes exactly the same? Why do they sound so different then? It makes me feel like all those people who bump into old friends on the road and exclaim that they haven't seen each other for ten years. It makes me wonder... Will it ever be the same? With each passing day, I feel myself drifting further and further away from the life that used to be. I feel the potential discomfort rising up in me. I feel guilty that I don't have faith.
I think about how this time last year, I was saying my goodbyes to the most wonderful people that I have met, not even knowing when the next time I could see them would be. I think of how the last time I saw everyone at the airport was exactly a year ago and, I don't know, and it makes me really really sad.
I know now that I can never go back and live the same way again. I am really glad for everything and everyone that I have come to know in the past year. It's weird to think that I can never live as comfortably in Singapore again. Nothing can ever be as familiar as before can it?
No comments:
Post a Comment