Thursday, December 4

Of kind hearted souls

I was at the video rental store yesterday and SCRUBS SEASON 7 WAS THERE IN THE NEW RELEASES SECTION BUT THEY REFUSED TO LET ME BORROW.
I AM SO SAD LAR.


To top it off, I have just watched finish the last two episodes of Season 5 and it ended with a stupid cliffhanger okay.


D:



--


Being such kind hearted souls, Tienyi and I volunteered for the setting up of the second hand book sale yesterday!
The fact that we got to choose our own books earlier than the rest of the school population because of our volunteering services is of course, not relevant.


So we arrived at the school hall ON TIME only to realise that there was no one.
It was getting quite annoying, everytime we attempt to make a good impression and arrive punctually, by some twist of (bad)luck, we always end up horribly late.
Turned out we were supposed to be at the junior site -.-


Obviously, being late, we were given the worst possible job: To sort out all the forms in alphabatical order.
Its not a very easy task okay, seeing that there were about a million of them.
Initially, the forms came in slow enough, we even sat there with nothing to do, but after a while there were so many we almost cried.
Not to mention its back breaking too okay! ):

Though the fact that we were handling the most important documents of the whole sale was quite esteem-boosting.
I mean, if we lost the whole stack of papers or something, they will have no record of everyone's books and no one will get their money.
Heh heh.

And the monotony of our job was however occasionally broken by interesting surnames that we chanced upon, like for example: Curry, Curtain, Patience.
Its quite weird la, I mean, who is called Mr Patience.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.




And I am like superrrr contented with the books I managed to get at the sale! (And of course, also the tremendous amount of money I managed to save by getting books that are of relatively good condition at half price!)


:D

No comments: