Well, the stupid rain had to go and destroy all my plans.
Bhav's party still took place, but THERE WAS NO SUN.
Okay, I know I said I didn't really intend to run around in the sun anyway, but this was Bhav's birthday party!
And the spiteful sun decided not to show its stupid face on the very day of the party!
Not only was it not sunny, it rained.
Heavily.
That is quite sad, considering the fact that yesterday weather was boiling hot.
I hereby conclude that THE SUN IS JUST A USELESS BALL OF LIGHT which does not show its stupid face when we need it the most.
And the worse thing is that the RAIN also destroyed our plans for our wonderful camping trip under the wonderful sun in a wonderful park and having a wonderful time.
If you get what I mean.
Wonderful weekend has just gone poof into the air and I AM VERY SAD OKAY.
Nevertheless, we still had a great time at the beach (or more like pier actually :D ) today!
HA take that Sun! Lalala.
So we started off the party with a big bang by….. eating!
It was a very very good decision okay, because if we had waited any longer, the rain would have soaked all the pizzas, making them all cold and everything and that wouldn’t have been very… appetizing.
After all we hungry lions were fed, we headed over to the pier...
and marked our territory on a small and cute little shelter right in the middle.
The rest of them went over to watch some of the others fishing, but Tienyi, Richa and I stayed and… watched over the stuff!
Look at all those fishing experts standing around and strategizing about how to catch the maximum amount of fish.
Or perhaps they were just arguing about what movie to watch later that night, I don't know. (:
Meanwhile, Tienyi spent quite some time obsessing over this guy who was standing near us and staring wistfully into the sea….
And also
Okay fine.
Richa and I did too. To a small tiny miniature extent and definitely not as stalkerishly.
It got to the extent where they seemed to realize that we were practically staring (Richa was like, OMG you guys! STOP LOOKING!!) and decided to show off even more.
Although, well, that wasn’t exactly a bad thing because we got to watch even better diving skills.
Tienyi contemplated taking photos of them, but I managed to put a stop to that. (:
There was no need to throw our faces even deeper into the ocean.
For all we knew, they might just start posing for photos, and that would be, you know, rather embarrassing.
So after they left, people from our group also started jumping into the deep blue sea too!
You know, for a person (me) who would never ever jump and splash into the pool unless absolutely necessary, and would do so screaming and kicking so much that unglam would be totally redefined (by me), it was actually really fascinating to watch everyone jump off happily.
Okay, so this is Vinh.
Please, everyone, revel in the awesomeness of my photo-taking skills.
You can’t argue.
This is a great photo okay.
He looks like he’s skiing on water or something.
Bhav looks superrrr cool in this photo!
I caught the picture just as she was tethering on the very edge of the pier and she’s neither standing on the solid wood, flying in the air, nor splashing in the water.
This is Andrew.
It’s really cool, because he dives like a ninja or something. :D
And this is Bhav again.
Bhav’s diving ways are also awesome because she just walks off the pier and shoots into the water like a bullet.
It’s very fascinating to watch, really. (:
After they screamed at us for taking photos of them, we started looking for other blog-worthy photos around us.
We watched plastic bags float off out into nothingness.
Well, you can't really see anything in this photo but if you look really reeeeally closely, there will be this colourful plastic bag floating away with the waves/ripples/water movement.
And we watched pretty motor boats drive/sail/whoosh past us.
When it first left the shore....
And sped off into the horizon.
Of course, no birthday party is ever complete without the cutting of a birthday cake!
Although… I don’t have a picture of it :/
Oh well, it’ll be on Tienyi’s blog after she blogs about today, which, rest assured, she will. :D
We decided to leave at about 4+ since the rain was becoming heavier anyway.
On my way home, just as the bus was about to reach my bus stop, there was this car which broke down in the middle of a slip road, and the bus driver was really kind and went down to help.
Although the reason he did was probably because if he didn’t help, we’ll be stuck there for hours and would cause a huge traffic jam… but that is irrelevant.
He even asked all the guys in the bus to go down and help to push the car away to the side of the road!
So kind right?
Right, so just as I was thinking what a wonderful and sweet bus driver he was, he had to go and destroy all his niceness because HE DID NOT STOP AT MY STOP EVEN THOUGH I PRESSED THE BELL.
Not only did he not let me alight at my stop, HE DID NOT STOP AT THE NEXT ONE EITHER.
D:
I had to walk 2 extra bus stops’ distance in the COLD and WET and HORRIBLE rain okay.
Okay I'm off to continue enjoying the wonders of LJ fics (Seriously, who created them? They must be the world's best invention ever! After computers of course... and handphones. And electricity and... Fine. It's a rather insignificant invention.)
The rain shall not ruin my weekend!
HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment