I actually have no idea how to start at all.
Seeing as today is the last day of 2008, and tomorrow, the words "last year" and "yesterday" can essentially mean the same thing, I should really have lots of things to talk about.
I know, the last day of the year is always time for people to go about writting/thinking/reflecting sappy (and horribly cheeeeesy) thoughts about how thankful they are for having had such a great year.
Well, I am not.
Going to write a sappy post I mean. (Because I suck at them. Really I do.)
Neither am I going to conjure up half a million New Years' resolutions, because I don't see any point in them.
Why only make promises (which, frankly, you'll probably break anyway) to yourself only on the New Year?
If we were really resolved in making a change somewhere in our lives, we would have gone about with them long time ago. Or at least, not bothered waiting for this whole new year just to start working on them.
I guess it goes along with the thought that a whole new year would mean a whole new start.
That essentially is the whole point isn't it?
But since such a day comes by not too often, I shall indulge in this merry making just because. :D
Isn't it hard to believe that we're already entering into 2009 just barely after we have acquainted ourselves with 2008?
What happened to that moment, when 2008 sounded so foreign and new?
It actually is a weird thought, to imagine that while I am celebrating the arrival of 2009 here, other countries are still partying the last hours of 2008 away.
Which, you know, makes the very idea of New Year celebrations quite silly.
I mean, it is merely what we perceive it to be isn't it?
Technically, I can happily count down to New Year here in Melbourne, immediately fly over to Perth, and count down to New Year there again.
To me, a new calender year always meant with a new school year.
They always came together hand in hand, and it wasn't particularly a pleasant thought.
But for some reason, I find myself looking forward to school reopening soon.
Of course, I won't be singing the same song when this dream really does become a reality, but... I don't know.
It seems too long ago that I even wore my school uniform.
I think this is the longest vacation I've ever been on (other than the super long break after O levels which is not really counted because technically, it wasn't really school holidays. We were just sitting around bitting our nails in anticipation for our results.) and I'm relatively content with it.
To think I've been slacking around for two whole months, and I still have one more month left to enjoy!
I think school is the only ever constant factor in our lives, and no matter how much we hate it at times, we can't ignore it.
Without school, our lives slip into a monotony so unbearable that eventually I get sick of staring into the computer all day long.
Even our holidays are ruled by schools! (In my case, it is beacuse I constantly think about all the homework that I am happily ignoring, and dreading the time when I can't pretend it's non-exsistence any longer)
So 2009 will bring with it an unbearably challenging year ahead, what with the potential long term stress that would inevitably be inflicted upon us with all those dreaded SACs and the ultimate VCE.
But I guess we can all take comfort in the fact that everyone is suffering along with us too! :D
So here's to a great (and stress-filled) 2009 ahead! Of course, 2009 will definitely be as fulfilling (or even more so) as 2008 had been. :D
Ps. Imagine! The next time I'll be blogging will be next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment