Wednesday, December 17

Birthday Vibes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUNGMIN! <3
Although she won't see this will she's back, she will totally get my Birthday Vibes via ESP or something. Hehehehe.

-



You know, I am actually very very very tempted to read the Twilight eBook that Cheryl sent me just now, but people keep telling me to update and I decided, oh well. I have abandoned this blog long enough.




So today was the unofficial Movies Day!
Although, technically, it can't really be counted because we only managed to watch two movies AND there were only 5 people present.
But Movie Day it is then.


So 4 very excited movie-goers sauntered over to Irene's house, not deterred by the rain.
(Really, the rain is getting quite annoying. It rains EVERY SINGLE DAY that we decide to go out)
We were so very eager to have been the first visitors to arrive at her house ever since she came back from Singapore and she also very excitedly cleaned the house very thoroughly just for our visit.



The first movie we watched was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
Yes, it's quite a mouthful.
It's about this couple who goes through this horrible quarrel, and decide that they hate each other.
So, they both decide to go and erase their memories totally of their two year relationship. (with this fictional non-surgical procedure where their heads get covered with those overhead things you see in hair salons and their brain is scanned and stuff)


Personally, I found it quite a freaky concept, that one would choose to erase totally their memories of a certain event/person.
But for some odd reason, Tienyi found it romantic.
This, from a person who found walking in a thunderstorm romantic, is of course not very surprising.

Okay fine.

The plot line about how they still met each other again even after their memories got erased is sort of romantic.
But I still don't like the concept of erasing memories! ):



Andddddd guess what the other movie we watched was!! :DDDDD

I Not Stupid!

Hehehehehe so cool right?
It gave Irene, Tienyi and me a chance to get in touch with that Singlish/Manglish side in us, and also let Richa and Fiona soak in the Wonderful World of Singlish.

Incidentally, after I came home, I was telling Eileen (my primary school classmate) about watching I Not Stupid and she told me that Young (and Stupid) Lynn had actually written "I Not Stupid" and "Lilo and Stitch" as her favourite movies in her autograph book.
To think I had actually said that before in my life is actually quite a horrifying thought.
I mean, LILO AND STITCH?!
But I was 11 years old, and whatever brainless things said at the young and tender age of 11 should always be ignored.



Anyway, now I really want to watch I Not Stupid 2!
I remember how sad it was, although I don't really remember the story at all, other than the ending part where the father rolls down the overhead bridge and hits his head and the son cries and everything.
But.. yeah. I want to watch it.



Tienyi had to leave immediately after the movie, but the rest of us stayed and talked.
It was really nice okay, we were talking for like.. 2 hours?
Haha we were actually sitting in the room for the first hour.
Then Fiona went home and Richa and I came out into the living room also intending to go but the three of us ended up talking near the doorway for another hour.


What talkative people we are.


Now I totally get how guests can say that they are leaving, but end up talking at the lift landing for another hundred years before finally realising that they were going to miss the last train or something.


Before we left, we took a series of random pictures with Irene's Mac.
All those distorted faces type photos, but we all swore that we will never put them up on the Internet so... too bad. :D




Oh, and Irene bought this really cool book (dictionary) about Singlish and it was damn cool okay!
All those words inside sound so familiar!
And of course, there was a really long and elaborate explanation for the word "lah".
Apparently, it is generously sprinkled over almost all types of sentences, added mostly at the end.


I learnt that "lor" has a more negative connotation compared to "lah".
For example, if a person was to say "Can lah!" or "Can lor.", the latter would seem to be more reluctant and unenthusiastic as compared to "Can lah!"


And I also realised that words like "ex" was not actually as universal as I thought.
Well, of course everyone knows that "Her ex just asked her out again!" means "Her ex-boyfriend just asked her out again" but that's not what I'm talking about.

I mean, I always thought everyone in the whole wide world knew that "This book is so ex!" would mean "This book is so expensive!"
But apparently not.
Even Malaysians don't use "ex" in that sense! D:




I am suddenly very fascinated with Singlish words.
Hahahahahaha.
This is so exciting! (:

No comments: