Tuesday, November 11

Visit from old friends



Been out for the last two days, because my mum's friends from Singapore had come visiting.


Its funny how I had sort of become used to hearing the accent here, and it sounded very... Singlish when they spoke in English.
I mean, I probably speak like them too, but its just weird hearing it again from others after almost a year.
To hear them speak carefree-ly, not bothering with masking all the lahs and lehs and slangs.


So we brought them over to the Dandenong Ranges, where we met our friends the Parrots and Cockatoos again.
THE STUPID COCKATOOS BIT MY FINGER OKAY.
Twice.
And my dad refused to believe me when I told him.
It literally attempted to bite my thumb in between its beaks.
HMPH.



Had a BBQ cookout in some forest.
We're campers okay!
We cook our own food in the nature. :DDDD

They came over to our house for a while, and the daughter (12 years old, just completed PSLE) wanted to use the computer.
She was telling her dad about some blog, which (obviously) my ears picked up.
Bloggers are always supportive of their fellow bloggers', er, blogs and read them all.

So, being the kaypoh auntie enthusiastic blogger I am, I went to check out her blog after she left.
I think how I managed to get the address shall remain a mystery.
Let's all just assume that I'm a great spy.
I should totally go and work as a Private Investigator. :DDD


Its always interesting to read a blog of someone you sort-of-know-but-sort-of-don't-really-know in real life, because its a way of seeing their inside thoughts.
Of course, I can't expect her to be writing philosophical thoughts all over her blog. (She's only 12! Kinda sad if she's already spending her precious childhood philosophising about why the sky is blue, or why the world is round.)

Anyway, so yes, I sneaked around and read.
Although it was literally narrating what she did everyday, I was a loyal reader, and read everything.

Okay now I feel rather stalkerish.
She doesn't even know that I know she has a blog. :/

--



Cooking Day is on right?
I have no idea what the plans are, because I have had no contact with anyone for the past few days. ):


Cooking Day post soooooooon! :D

No comments: