Sunday, November 2

Of old times and new meanings

Its funny now a simple act, a simple sound like that can evoke such thoughts and memories.
Stacking up those plastic chairs might have been a simple job, but the very sound of which just made me remember how we used to set up for band.

Funny isn't it? All those countless times we add up the number of people from each section who were present for practice. How we pulled out the towering stacks of chairs. How we got all the double-stacked chairs for the last row. How sometimes, the turnout would be so bad that there might only be about 5 people in the last row. How we set up our instruments. How much we didn't think of it as anything significant.

Nothing can ever be the same as it was. Batch by batch, the band had its own differences, characteristics. The band I knew wouldn't be the same as the band the graduates of 2006 remember it. Sure, everyone of us go through a general experience. Syf, concert, school performances. But it's the tiny things that really make a difference. Its been so long, so long since I last held my instrument, and it really sucks. I really miss it. So much. Hard to believe how I half-heartedly tried to get out of it when I was sec1.

And just like that, wave after wave of nostalgia washes past me. And I really don't regret all the days, months, years spent with the band. Probably the whole reason is you. I'm really glad I got to meet you through band.

And I wouldn't change it for the world.


---




Today is my last day of freedom, because I have decided that I will start studying from tomorrow onwards.
And of course, being the non-procrastinator I am, I shall do so.
Nevermind the fact that I'm supposed to have started since Thursday.




Speaking of which, I feel that the word procrastinator is overused.
I learnt of this word really long ago, but now it seems like everyone is using it, which makes it not that much of a bombastic word anymore.


So today, I shall introduce everyone to a new word: Tarrier


"Tarry" has many meanings, but I refer to the specific one that is:


Tarry \Tar"ry\, v. t.
1. To delay; to defer; to put off.


Tarrier \Tar"ri*er\, n.
One who, or that which, tarries.


"Tarrier" doesn't have as much class as "Procrastinator" does it?


But its much newer! And not used at all!
I likeeeee. :D

No comments: