I am getting very annoyed with the person who's supposed to be selling me the spesh book.
She takes ages to reply okay.
Unlike the girl who sold me the English books, who gave me all the relavant info.
This person sounds like they can't be bothered.
FINE, I shall buy from someone else. LALALA.
---
Being the wonderful and responsible students we were, Tienyi and I decided to attend the briefing for volunteers involved in the Second-hand book sale.
It was a rather weird feeling at first, because while we were walking up and into the school, there was no one else around, and the school looked eerily empty.
We walked in happily (eagerly, excitedly etc. etc.) and was stopped by this random guy who was drinking water at the water cooler (turned out he was the school janitor)
He asked who we were, because recently there had been people appearing in the school to paint graffiti and he had to make sure we weren’t the culprits.
To say I am rather insulted is an understatement.
Did he actually question us about vandalizing the school?!?!
We're such... school-loving people.
Even if we were intending to vandalize the shool, I don't think we'll be stupid enough to do it in broad daylight.
I mean, we're not that dumb.
By asking that, he was questioning our intelligence too.
Hmph.
Anyway, after we told him the obvious truth that was glaring in his face (We look like vandals meh?!), we walked over towards the theatrette and confidently walked in……..
Only to be greeted by a rather shocking sight (and smell): There was like cups and cups of wine put out on a very lovely table set up (I remember thinking like, wow they even have refreshments for us!) and a few.. old people dressed up nice and formal.
HAHAHAHA and the guy saw us looking rather lost, and asked if we were there to see the show.
I’m sorry la, but I answered a very firm “NO”.
I mean, we’re already late for the meeting and here was this random guy with this weird smile happily asking us if we were there to see his show.
We were already starting to panic by then, and walked out.
Only to find that, we were quite majorly trapped in the school compound.
So we sort of wandered around, and we met the janitor again.
Though we have already lost pretty much all our dignity (Who, really, who gets trapped in their own school?), we had to ask him to help us unlock the gate to let us out of the compund.
Made our way to the hall, only to find that it was EMPTY.
It was like our worst nightmare came true.
Not only were we the only ones who turned up, there wasn’t even A MEETING in the first place.
So we sort of stood outside, waiting in vain for a stampede of people to miraculously appear.
Of course, who do we meet again?
THE JANITOR.
I'm pretty sure he must have been quite suspicious of us by then.
Not only do we not seem like students (Losing our way in our own school? That's pretty sad.), our so-called meeting didn't seem to be taking place.
He must be laughing at us, thinking that he has twarted our plans and uncovered our lie about some stupid meeting when we were actually planning to spray paint all over the school.
That was when I caught sight of the lady standing in some tiny room in the hall
Thank god.
I think he was just about to cart us off to his office for questioning.
It turned out that there were NO OTHER STUDENT present except for Winnie.
The rest were all parents.
I really felt quite wrong-footed to be sitting there.
I mean, it was like we were in some retirement club meeting.
Okay la that's mean.
I felt like I was in a Mothers' Club meeting. :D
Its kind of sad, because after all our grief in finding the meeting, it wasn't exactly very informative. ):
--
Oh and today was also the first day of our prepartory talks for Year 12.
Its only English, and I'm getting scared.
Giving us so much holiday homework is mean.
Giving us the issues oral as holiday homework just cruel.
HOW CAN THEY SET THE ORAL TO BE IN THE THIRD WEEK OF SCHOOL?!?!
And to be reminded of the seriousness of this oral (Apparently, and I quote: "Not only is it a SAC, it is a stand alone SAC. That means if you fail this, you'll fail English". Thank you very much. That was so heart warming.)
I'm now very afraid of the other subjects' programs.
Very very afraid.
No comments:
Post a Comment