I didn't come online at all yesterday!
I'd like to say it was because I was dilligently studying/doing homework but.. um. I wasn't.
Instead, I was on a long and happy road trip to Great Ocean Road! :D :D :D :D
It wasn't really that planned, my parents were saying we might go to Geelong and maybe meet their friends or something, then my dad thought since we were already halfway (more like 1/3 actually but anyway) there, we might as well go all the way and seeeeeeeee the sun and sand and water along the very famous and touristy Great Ocean Road.
Turned out there was no sun since it was so cloudly, but it was good anyway, because that meant that we wouldn't get sunburnt and the weather wasn't too hot.

There isn't much I have to say about the way there, it was actually quite cool to be driving right by the sea and looking out at the blue ocean.
It wasn't that blue as the last time I'd been there though (it was about 7 years ago) probably due to the overcast sky.
But it was pretty nonetheless.




This is at a lighthouse that we stopped by along the way.
It wasn't that interesting anyway, because we weren't allowed to go in/up.
But I'm very amazed at the fact that it can be a useless tourist attraction during the day and acutally be a real lighthouse by night.


We were driving through the forest when we suddenly saw this random small animal walking on the road and we slowed down in case it got knocked down AND THEN IT TURNED ITS HEAD AND WE SAW THAT IT WAS A KOALA.
Now, considering a koala spends 90% of its time sleeping and most of the remaining 10% is spent eating on the tree, seeing a koala WALKING ON THE ROAD is very very very very very rare + exciting.
Obviously we stopped on the side of the road and rushed out of the car in the hopes of catching it and eating it for dinner.
The car behind us stopped too and we all ran hungrily towards it.
After some time of hunting, we saw it climbing up a tree!! :D

IT WAS SO CUTE I DIDN'T EVEN BEAR TO EAT IT.
So we just gazed at it and, um, attracted the attention of many randome cars driving by.
They must have been thinking we're crazy people gazing up at some random tree.
Anyway, so we drove on, and soon after, we saw another group of people staring adoringly up at a tree with huge smiles on their faces.
HAHAHAHAHA (that must have been what we looked like moments before)
And there were two koalas thereeeeeee on the tree omg luck follows me around with dogged steps.


One of them was sleeping so it turned it's back on us.
But we took a picture of it anyway.
After the koala episode, nothing else interesting happened, so I spent my time taking endless photos of the ocean/forrest beside me.
Inthe end they all looked quite the same anyway hahaha.


I like the effect of this picture, don't you think? (:
Anyway, so we finally arrived at the Final Destination after about 7 hours of drive (not including the times we stopped for lunch, and fuel etc. etc.)

It was quite unreal when I stepped out of the bushy walkway and suddenly saw the apostles in front of me.
It looks EXACTLY like it does in all those calandery photos and it's just so... incredible!
I likeeeeeeeeeee it! 8D

There are actually people standing on it! :DDDD
I mean, it does sound a tad stupid to drive 7 hours just to gaze at these random bits of stone, but can you imagine 10000000000000 years ago they were all connected?
They were a whole piece of land?
And one day, maybe people (or aliens. Aliens would have inhabitted the Earth by then) 100000000000000000000 years from now will gaze at the very bit of land/rock that I'm standing on now and wonder how it used to be 100000000000000000000 years ago.


This was my attempt at making a massive awesome picture and it actually worked in a sense because look at the rock in the middle!
It actually fits PERFECTLY!
But the horizon doesn't match because the Earth is round and you can't just connect the sea together like it's a straight line.
When you actually look at it in real life, you can actually see the whole curvature of the Earth!
Very cool. :D
The way back was really fun and exciting.
I drove back the whole way and we took the inland shortcut, not the tourist-by-the-sea-route so it was faster.
Still it took about 5 hours.
And it was a really really nice road to drive on because it was so straight and long and direct and uncomplicated. (I was driving at 120km/h! SO COOL SO COOL.)
I really like driving on country roads, because it has just one lane and it's very fun to play cat and mouse with the other cars.
Cat and mouse is a game played by all cars on country roads, and it's when one car drives slowly and blocks the whole road, causing about 3 cars to get stuck behind it.
Slowly the number of trailing cars build up (I have seen up to 8 trailing cars!) but there really is nothing they can do because there isn't any lane for overtaking until about a few kilometers down the road.
So when an overtaking lane finally arrives, the cars behind speeeeeeeed up and happily overtake the slow car and disappear off into the horizon.
Okay so I was driving at a happy speed of 120km/hr when I came across a red car in front of me.
I was about to overtake it when it saw me (with an L plate) and PURPOSELY SPED UP AND REFUSED TO LET ME OVERTAKE IT, then continued to drove slowly.
KJDPOAISODALSPAADSADA
SO I had to wait until the next overtaking lane and overtook it with ease HAHAHAHA take that red car!
It was very funny because it turned out that it was very unhappy that an L PLATER and an older car than his (his was like, brand new) overtook him so it overtook me again. .______.
It went on for like three times: I overtake him, he overtake me, I overtake him, he overtake me, I overtake him, he overtake me HAHAHAHAHA.
Until I decided that I shall not be childish and play games with him.
CHEH CHILDISH PEOPLE. :D
All in good fun.
And with that, my day trip concluded with an exciting rush of laughing at the red car who childishly started playing with a L-Plater. :D
Ps. I definitely took more than an hour to post this.
But I am going to study now! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment