Woke up at an unearthly hour of 4.30am, so that we could leave early and return early, since it was 3 hour drive.
The first glimpse of snow we caught wasn't very impressive - A lump of white stuff lying on the roadside, mixed with twigs and mud. LOL.
But as we ascended the mountain, the amount of snow on the roadsides grew and grew, and then suddenly, it was snow everywhere. :D
When we first arrived, it wasn't snowing.
Instead, it was raining.
How fascinating. -.-
The weather wasn't very good today, very windy and very low visibility so we didn't get to ride the chairlift.
Its supposed to be a picture of the chairlift, but it can't even be seen.
My point exactly.
Imagine rising up into whiteness, not being able to see anything, and not having any firm ground under you. That would be creepy. AND freezing.
My mum and I (:
I'm really amazed that I actually survived in a place with a temperature of 0degreesC!
With lots of clothes of course.
I felt like a balloon.
Anyway, so after a few hours, it started to snow!
Like, snow falling from the sky! (:
And it was prettttty! :DD
We were really lucky that it snowed on the day we went.
Snowy road.
Snowy cars.
The way back was kinda funny.
Most of the road was one lane, and the problem with one lane roads were that if the car in front was slow, it would delay all the cars behind him since he was blocking the road.
So it turned out that we were the second car, and the driver in the first car was the one causing the whole "pile-up".
Mind you, he was already driving at 100km/h, and there were about 15 cars trailing after him.
The pressure must have been immense. (:
But he wasn't one to bow down to pressure, he just drove on happily, as the number of cars behind him grew and grew.
Came back and saw that Mt. Buller was on the news, and they had a shot of the snow and everything.
I didn't see the camera crew there!
Sad la.
I COULD HAVE BEEN ON TV!
Hahahahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment