Friday, July 4

Of Love and Hate

One week of holidays over.
I think I'm already suffering from withdrawal symptoms.
Can't believe half of the glorious mid-year break is over.
The wonderful wonderful two weeks break that we had all been looking forward to is half gone.
Yes I'm depressed.
I really don't wanna go back to school.

Its not like I dread going to school everyday.
I don't.
Its just that the vicious cycle of classes, homework, tests never seems to end.
We seem to count our weeks with the number of tests we have.
When one is over, we think about our next.
There is never an end to it.

I miss the feeling after OLevels.
The glorious feeling of finally jumping over the last hurdle of secondary school.
The thrill of being able to finally tear up our Entry Proof. [I didn't though. I still have it. I'm a sucker for keeping things just for the sentimental value of it. :D]
The joy after handing in our last paper to the invigilators.
The liberation from merciless intensive studying.
The disbelief that it was finally over.
The immediate planning of where to go next, to celebrate.
The bittersweet feeling of walking away from BBSS as students, for the last time.


Its sort of like sec 3 all over again.
The end seems near, yet so far.



Holidays suck.
They mess with your mind.
They make you elated one minute, then depressed the next, thus making you sound like a lunatic unable to decide whether to celebrate or mourn them.
I have a love-hate relationship with holidays.

No comments: